Thursday, March 5, 2009

To New Beginnings y Tacos Muy Picantes...




So, I guess to introduce myself, and get this taco party started, I should explain what this blog will hopefully achieve and the reasons behind it....Besides just waxing poetic on something that is both extremely satisfying and incredibly awesome in it's spiciness, I have really had only one love in my life- that love being tacos and all things inter-related....




Some might see this as a sad start in matters of the heart, but I could care less- point being the fact that my love for tacos knows no bounds & is so heartfelt it proves that not only do I have a heart, but I have really great taste to boot...




My love of tacos began in a somewhat primitive way- the requisite fast food Taco Bell visits as a child...the only really good thing about Taco Bell is the Choco Taco (so good it's bad, so wrong it's right) and the fact that its name can be easily made into Taco Hell, which if there is reincarnation, all tacos that are not up to snuff are reincarnated as tacos of the Taco Bell variety....forced to live out their afterlives filled with substandard meats, cheeses and, god help us, spices of a dubious nature...




Understandable, that this was my beginning in the world of tacos, but now I am on a quest in life to try and discover some of the best tacos joints in NYC and around the world for that matter...I do it as a labor of love, one that I have habored for years and every day is just as wonderful and fulfilling as the last....I want to not only give myself a reason to really study tacos and what makes them so amazing, but once I categorized and organize my shiz, I want to share my findings with people- get some feedback, hear some suggestions, maybe even get into some heated discussions on what I post....because really, that's what tacos are all about- raw heat and spiciness...




I can't say how often I will update, but there's definitely a willpower and determination to expose a hidden taco community of wonderment....So cheers, and enjoy....




Yours Truly,


Taco Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment